2016 Course, 22 September, Zagreb Croatia
The 2016 course is organized by the Department of Dermatology and Venereology of the University Hospital Center Zagreb and the Genodermatoses & Rare Skin Disorders Network with the support of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology.
The steering committee is composed of
- B. Marinovic, Head of the Dept. of Dermatology and Venereology of the University Hospital Center, Zagreb
- C. Bodemer, Head of the Department of Dermatology, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Institut IMAGINE, Paris, France, Coordinator of the ERN-Skin application - President Genodermatoses & Rare Skin Diseases Network
- M. El-Hachem, Head of the Department of Dermatology, Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesù, Rome, Italy
Co- coordinator of the ERN-Skin application - President-elect of Genodermatoses & Rare Skin Diseases Network
- J. Bauer, Head of the Department of Dermatology, Paracelsus Medical University Salzburg, Austria - Co- coordinator of the ERN-Skin application - Past-President Genodermatoses & Rare Skin Diseases Network
Since 2004, the Genodermatoses & Rare Skin Disorders Network organizes meetings and training courses for the stakeholders involved in health care and social support of patients with rare and severe skin disorders.
The aims of these training events are:
- to increase knowledge on rare skin disease diagnosis and management
- to develop and improve skills to manage rare skin diseases
- to encourage health care providers to adopt a multidisciplinary approach and propose dedicated services for rare skin disorders patients
- to promote the development of national networks involving specialists, paramedics, patient groups, general practitioners, scientists, public health officials and industries
- to promote the participation of young/new medical and paramedical teams
- to involve and highlight the key role of patient groups